The South Bay Surf Awards
The South Bay Boardriders Club
The South Bay Surf Awards is a friendly competition to see who can ride the biggest wave of the winter, get the best ride, or survive the heaviest wipeout. Competitors must submit a photograph or video of the ride by March 31st to be considered by our panel of judges.
The South Bay Surf Awards is open to all surfers, on any wave ridden in the South Bay between November 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023.
Winners of each of the five categories listed below will be awarded at the “Surfers Walk of Fame Kick-Off Party” event happening at the Hermosa Community Center on Friday April 21st, 2023.
Click on the category you want to submit for and follow the steps in the submission form.
Each wave submitted must be uploaded separately. Up to 5 files (photos or videos) can be uploaded per wave submitted. Please do not combine multiple waves on any one single submission upload.
(must be triple overhead):
Awarded to the surfer who rides the biggest wave of the winter. Prizes for the surfer and photographer.
Wipeout Of The Year
Honoring the most committed, yet unsuccessful, wave of the winter. Prizes for the surfer and photographer
Ride Of The Year
Awarded to the surfer who surfs at a highest performance level while riding a big wave. Prizes for the surfer and videographer.
Grom Hardest Charger
Awarded to the Surfer, under 18 years old, who rides the biggest wave of the year.
Prize for the Surfer.
Honors the individual that shows commitment and unselfishness and gives back to our local surfing community. Prize for the individual.
- All waves must be ridden between Indicator in Palos Verdes and Dockweiler State Beach in El Segundo.
- The waiting period is from November 1st 2022 to March 31st 2023.
- All photos and/or videos must be submitted to the South Bay Boardriders Club website by March 31st, 2023.
- All surfers must complete the entry form and waiver to be considered for the awards.
- Entries for the Biggest Wave must be a minimum of 3 times overhead, Triple Overhead, to qualify for the Biggest Wave Award.